- X -
- Value at Risk
- Measure of downside risk. The loss that will
be incurred in the event of an extreme adverse price change
with some given, typically low, probability.
- Variable Annuities
- Annuity contracts in which the insurance
company pays a periodic amount linked to the investment
performance of an underlying portfolio.
- Variable Life Policy
- An insurance policy that provides a
fixed death benefit plus a cash value that can be invested in a
variety of funds from which the policyholder can choose.
- A measure of the dispersion of a random variable.
Equals the expected value of the squared deviation from the
- An analyst's opinion on the likely performance
of a stock or sector compared to the market‐consensus
- Volatility Risk
- The risk in the value of options portfolios
due to unpredictable changes in the volatility of the