Our Member Self Service (MSS) site allows you to stay connected by effectively managing your retirement account online and accessing benefit details anytime, anywhere from your computer, a smartphone, or tablet.
Log in to the
MSS site with your current User ID and Password or register today. Registration instructions are provided below.
Member Self Service Features
With a few easy steps, members can start the retirement process using Member Self Service. Applying online simplifies what can oftentime feel like an overwhelming process. After completing the online retirement application, additional paperwork will be mailed and must be completed and returned to KPPA in a timely manner.
Carefully read the instructions, enter your PIN, and click the Get Started button. Follow the instructions and review all information before proceeding to the next screen. The Upload Document button on each step of the retirement application allows you to upload required documents.
Once you have completed the online application, the employer will be notified to complete Section H of the application in Employer Self Service. Section H allows the employer to verify wages, sick leave balances, and/or your accumulated compensatory time. Note: Section H is not required for those members that have been separated from an employer at least three months.
Upload your required documents instantly using this feature. Birth certificates, driver’s licenses, marriage certificates, and other retirement documents may now be submitted to KPPA from your mobile device, tablet, or personal computer. To upload documents in Member Self Service, click Documents on the home page after you log in.
and update your contact information including your mailing address, phone
numbers, and email address. It is important that you keep your contact
information current. Provide your email address to receive announcements and
Use real-time data to calculate a retirement estimate. The benefit estimator displays your first eligible and first unreduced retirement date or you may enter a different retirement/termination date. You can also change your beneficiary, salary, and service information to customize your estimate. Our instruction sheet walks you through the steps to calculate a benefit estimate online.
Review a cost estimate for service you may be eligible to purchase using real-time data, as well as obtain an estimate of monthly payments using an installment plan. Our instruction sheet walks you through the steps to calculate a service purchase estimate online.
View your service credit,
contributions, and your beneficiary information.
See an overview of
contributions and salaries through the end of the previous fiscal year.
View or print your Annual
Statement, which provides you with a snapshot of your account as of June 30th.
Request an account balance
letter showing your total service, contributions, and interest.
Register for Self Service:
kyret.ky.gov. Click on the
LOGIN button at the top, right of the screen. Click on the
Member Login button.
Register and follow the instructions to complete your registration.
You will create a User ID and Password. Please take note of the password requirements. Your Self Service password:
- Must be at least 8 characters
- Can't contain spaces
- Must have at least one uppercase letter
- Must have at least one lowercase letter
- Must have one of the following special characters: @ # ! % $
- Is case sensitive
Request a PIN
A Personal Identification Number, or PIN, is required to take advantage of some Self Service features. Request a new PIN in Step 2 of the registration process. A new PIN will be sent to your mailing address or email on file at KRS. Your previous PIN will be void once a new PIN is requested.
Stay Connected with KPPA
Once you log in, please review your contact information and make sure we have your email address so you receive newsletters and announcements electronically.
Using the Member Self Service (MSS) Website
Log in using the User ID and Password you created during registration.
Account menu, you can access the following:
- Contact Information - Change contact information such as your email address and phone number.
- Account Summary - View service credit, contributions, and beneficiary information.
- Account History - See an overview of contributions, salary, and service through the previous fiscal year.
- Annual Statement - View and print your Annual Statements from Fiscal Year 2011-2012 forward.
Services menu, you can access the following:
- Benefit Estimate Calculator - Use current information to calculate a retirement estimate. See Benefit Estimate above for instructions.
- Service Purchase Estimate - Estimate the cost to purchase eligible service credit using current data. Calculate monthly payment deductions under an installment plan to purchase the service. See Service Purchase Estimate above for instructions.
- Account Balance Letter - Issue an account balance letter to your home address or via email to show your total service, contributions, and interest.
- Apply for Retirement - Submit your retirement application online to begin the retirement process. After completing the online retirement application, additional paperwork will be mailed and must be completed and returned to KPPA in a timely manner.
- Documents - Upload required documents such as birth certificates, driver's licenses, marriage certificates using this feature.
Access and print forms by clicking on the
Available Forms drop down box in the upper right of the Home page and clicking the
NOTE: The available forms are pre-populated with information specific to the member. Generic forms are available on the Publications and Forms tab on the KPPA website at
How to Register for Self Service Video
Updating Contact Information
If you have any questions about using the self service site, please call us at (502) 696-8800 or (800) 928-4646.