- X -
- Investment bankers who help companies issue
their securities to the public.
- Underwriting, Underwriting Syndicate
(investment bankers) purchase securities from the issuing
company and resell them. Usually a syndicate of investment
bankers is organized behind a lead firm.
- Unemployment Rate
- The ratio of the number of people
classified as unemployed to the total labor force.
- Unfunded Actuarial Liability
- The difference between the
actuarial accrued liability and valuation of assets. Sometimes
referred to as “unfunded accrued liability.”
- Unit Investment Trust
- Money invested in a portfolio whose
composition is fixed for the life of the fund. Shares in a unit
trust are called redeemable trust certificates, and they are
sold at a premium above net asset value.
- Universal Life Policy
- An insurance policy that allows for a
varying death benefit and premium level over the term of the
policy, with an interest rate on the cash value that changes
with market interest rates.
- The measure of the welfare or satisfaction of an
- Utility Value
- The welfare a given investor assigns to an
investment with a particular return and risk.