If you will be receiving a monthly payment, you may be eligible for health insurance coverage for you, your spouse, and eligible dependents. KRS offers Medicare and non Medicare plans. Call (800) 928-4646 for additional assistance.
When to file Form 6200
For insurance coverage to begin the same month as your retirement payment, you must file a Form 6200 with our office by the last day of the month prior to the month you retire.
If you miss the above deadline, you can still submit a Form 6200. Your Form 6200 must be filed with our office within 30 days of the first day of the month in which you retire.
- Retirement Date - May 1
- Form 6200 Due By - May 30
- Insurance Effective Date - June 1
- Your retirement can be effective without insurance coverage.
- You are responsible for filing your insurance application by the due date. If you fail to return the insurance application with either a plan selection or indicate that you are waiving coverage, you will be automatically enrolled via default into the Standard PPO for non Medicare eligible retirees or the Medical Only plan for Medicare eligible retirees.
- Dependent coverage cannot be effective until required documentation is received.
- If you miss both deadlines you will not be allowed to enroll in a health insurance plan until the next open enrollment or if you experience a Qualifying Event during the year.