Your Responsibilities

Lost or stolen check

In the event your check is lost or stolen, contact the retirement office immediately and explain what happened. Your check can be replaced if it is destroyed, lost, or stolen, but the procedure may take up to four weeks.

Change of address 

It is important to keep your address current with KRS. Doing so will ensure retirement checks, newsletters, and other information related to your account are delivered to you on time. If you need to change your address, please follow the procedures listed below:
    • Check with the Post Office: Be sure that your correct address is on file at the U.S. Post Office. Each month, KRS updates the address on file for you with the U.S. Post Office through the National Change of Address (NCOA) system. If the correct address is not on file with the Post Office, your address on file at the retirement office may be replaced with an incorrect address.  If you receive your check by mail, the Post Office will not forward your check. Failure to update your address with KRS will result in a delay in receiving your check.
    • Complete and File a Form 2040: Complete a Form 2040, Change of Address Notification, and file it with KRS.
    • Login to Self Service: You can easily update your address on our self service website.
    • Talk to a Counselor: You can contact our office by phone. After you provide your PIN and Member ID, a counselor can update your address for you.


Information from KRS

Following your retirement, you will be notified of any changes made in the retirement statutes or federal law that may impact your benefits through a periodic newsletter. In January of each year we will issue a 1099-R providing the information you need to file your tax return. You do not need to request this information; your 1099-R will automatically be issued to you by the end of January if you received benefits during the previous calendar year. You can view this information online as soon as it is available by checking our self service website.

Power of Attorney

If you execute a Power of Attorney empowering another person to act on your behalf as your attorney-in-fact, you should submit a copy of the Power of Attorney to KRS if you wish for your attorney-in-fact to act on your behalf with regard to KRS matters. If you want your attorney-in-fact to be able to make health care transactions on your behalf, name beneficiaries, or change your beneficiary designation, you should specifically grant your attorney-in-fact that power in your Power of Attorney.
  • Self Service

    ​Login to the KRS Self Service system, an application that helps you manage details of your retirement account.

    Login Now
  • Retiree Publications

    ​Download a digital copy of retiree publications and newsletters

    Browse Now
  • Retiree Forms

    ​Finding the appropriate form is vital to maintaining your retirement benefits.

    Browse Forms
  • Member Webinars and Videos

    ​Subscribe to our YouTube Channel, see our latest webinar schedules and descriptions.